About the St. Catharines Summer Minor Hockey League
Welcome to the St.Catharines Summer Minor Hockey League.
We look forward to another great season as we enter our 21’st year, and we hope you’ll join us!
The Directors of the league have a combined 85+ years of experience in Hockey League Operations, Teaching, Coaching, Officiating, and Recreation Programming.
What has made the SCSMHL the region’s largest and longest-running league?
- Attention to detail! Directors and Conveners committed to team balancing, and providing the right balance between RECREATION and COMPETITION.
- Affordable “best-value” price.
- Prime Time games.
- Convenient and first-class facility at the Seymour-Hannah Sports and Entertainment Complex.
- Opportunity to register with friends.
- Strictly-enforced non-contact play.
What Programs are Offered?
5 on 5 Hockey League for U7 through U15, appropriate for House League, A or AA players. Individual or group entry. Our 3- session HOCKEY DEVELOPMENT program is offered within our U7 program, and is also available to U9 and U11 divisions sessions. (see description below).No AAA players are permitted. (AAA players, as well as other Rep levels, may register in our 4 on 4 league)
Hockey Development Program: This is a 3-session program with emphasis on Skating and Puck-handling skills. It is INCLUDED in the U7 program, and available to players registered in the U9 and U11 divisions.
4 on 4 Hockey League for U11 through U15 REP levels. This league allows team or individual entries, but no partial teams are accepted.